Electric vehicles are a green sunrise industry and have been developing in China for decades. As the power source of electric vehicles, KIJO lithium battery is deeply loved by consumers for its advantages of light weight, high voltage platform, strong endurance, no memory effect, which can be discharged at any time, and suitable for a variety of models. As lithium batteries for electric vehicles are becoming more and more common today, the daily maintenance of lithium batteries for electric vehicles also affects the hearts of countless consumers. So what are the precautions for maintaining lithium-ion batteries for electric bicycles?
1. When using the electric bike lithium battery for the first time, the battery must be deeply charged. After the charger shows the green light, the charging can be stopped. The time is generally controlled within 8-10 hours;
2. Recharge after each ride until the battery pack cannot discharge power, but avoid deep discharge (more than 90% of capacity) and recharge, which will damage the lithium battery;
3. When the under-voltage indicator lights up when the lithium battery is stationary, it should be charged in time;
4. When starting, climbing or driving against the wind, pedals should be used to assist;
5. Due to the non-memory nature of lithium batteries, the battery pack should be charged regularly every time or every day after riding;
6. If the lithium battery is left for more than two months, the battery pack needs to be fully charged; if it is left for more than 5 months, a charge-discharge cycle is required;
7. Master the correct charging method. Connect the charger and the battery pack first, and then connect the charger power plug to the 220V AC power supply. Follow this connection sequence to avoid sparks when plugging and unplugging the charging plug. When the power is turned on, the charger displays a red indicator light;
8. Use a dedicated lithium battery charger (do not use lead-acid battery chargers directly), which must match the lithium battery model completely. Excessive charger current will break down the lithium battery protection system and cause a short circuit, thereby causing a safety accident of the lithium battery. The charger voltage is too low, which makes the charging efficiency low and consumes too much time;
9. When the lithium battery is not in use, the power should be turned off in time, or the battery pack should be pulled out of the battery holder and placed in another place. Because the motor and controller will still consume power in the no-load state;
10. In order to ensure that the lithium battery pack is fully charged, it should be charged at a normal ambient temperature, so as to ensure a better charging effect of the lithium battery;
11. Lithium batteries can enter a dormant state under refrigerated conditions. However, after using the lithium battery under high temperature conditions (such as summer), you cannot immediately put the removed battery pack in the freezer, but place it in a cool place to slowly let the lithium battery cool down;
12. Due to the subtle self-discharge phenomenon of lithium batteries, supplementary power should be performed frequently to ensure that the battery voltage is maintained in a stable state.